Titus 2, verses 1 through 5 provides that you must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine … Teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure to be busy at home, to be kind and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
The Women’s Ministry of Redemption Fellowship Church is committed to helping women of all ages and stages of life to understand and proclaim God’s Word, pursue Christ and His holiness, and have a passion for God’s people, while developing intimate, life-transforming relationships with our Father and other women.
This ministry strives to please God in all respects by uniting all the women in the church in Christian fellowship, providing a means by which the women may know and apply increasingly the teachings of Jesus in all areas of life, promoting the spiritual, educational, and caring welfare of the church, increasing the knowledge of and participation in worldwide and home Christian missions, and encouraging the women to minister to one another, the entire church family, and the community in the name of our Lord and Savior.
We now have a new Women’s Ministry blog which will serve as our main source of communication. This blog contains inspiring articles, meeting notices, committee updates, information on upcoming events, and women’s bible study outlines. The Women’s Ministry Council Members (Alma Stone, Denise Hedgeman, and Sheila Toppin) administer and monitor the blog; however, everyone is encouraged to post comments and send prayer requests/updates.
The Women’s Ministry blog can be accessed at http://rfwomensministry.blogspot.com/.
- To reach the women of Redemption Fellowship Church and the tri-county communities with the Gospel and love of Jesus Christ
- To encourage women to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ through discipleship, prayer, Christian education, outreach and fellowship
- To be a safe house to women where they will find encouragement, nurturing, love and the freedom to express themselves in a godly manner
- To challenge and compel women to be actively involved in the work of the ministry at Redemption Fellowship Church
- To coordinate and facilitate ways in which the women of Redemption Fellowship Church can reach out to the community and provide opportunities for the Gospel of Jesus to be planted according to His will
- Emphasis and Focus:
Evangelism and Outreach
- Ministry Committees:
Retreat / Fellowship: The Retreat/Fellowship Committee develops and implements activities to promote Christian fellowship among the women of Redemption Fellowship Church. Each activity provides an opportunity for the women to get to know each other better in order to build stronger bonds within the congregation and the community.
Girls Night Out: The Girls Night Out Committee is responsible for organizing social events aimed at providing opportunities for the women of Redemption Fellowship to know each other better.
In-Touch: The In-Touch Committee enriches lives, fosters collaboration, and promotes spiritual maturity among the women of Redemption Fellowship through educational, in-reach, prayer, and outreach support.
To see archives of the Women’s Ministry newsletter, please visit us under The Pulse here.
For more information about the ministry or to sign up for any of the above committees, contact Sister Alma Stone, Sister Sheila Toppin, or Sister Denise Hedgeman.