This ministry desires to meet and greet visitors, friends, and families of Redemption Fellowship Church providing for a welcome attitude. We are here to serve those who attend our worship services in the capacity fitting of the manner demonstrated by Jesus Christ. This ministry has youth groups, men’s group, and women’s groups in operation. If you have a question or need on Sunday mornings, look for the friendly faces wearing the usher nametag. Psalm 84:10 provides that ”… I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.”
The mission of the Redemption Fellowship Usher Ministry is:
- to offer support to our Pastor so he can focus on prayer and the teaching of the Word
- to serve together in a manner that is pleasing to God
- to glorify the sanctuary of the Lord by providing a safe, courteous, and friendly place of worship
- to maintain order within a flexible and welcoming atmosphere
- to be attentive to the needs of the congregation
The vision of this ministry is to continue to grow spiritually and increase the ministry with new members, to continue to move forward with the vision that God has set for Redemption Fellowship Church, to actively support the church and community through service and commitment, and to promote unity, spiritual knowledge, and stewardship.
Usher duties are defined in four main areas:
- Assist the Pastor – We are to assist the pastor and help him bring his vision for the church to fulfillment.
- Meeting and Greeting – We are God’s public relations person and represent the church to every visitor.
- Maintain Order – An usher provides a friendly, cheerful greeting to all those who pass through his post and maintains order in his section according to the guidelines of the usher leader.
- Receive Offerings – We receive offering in a manner according to II Corinthians 9:7 NIV – “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
Our ministry is always looking for ushers; men, women, and youth; and the invitation is always extended. The Redemption Fellowship Usher Ministry cordially invites all congregation members and regular attendees to join us in our commitment to the fulfillment of service to God and the church. We are a team of ordinary individuals working together as “doorkeepers in the house of God.” (Psalm 84:10)
For more information, contact our Ministry Leader, Brother Oscar Bowles.