M.A.D. MENistry for Boys
The purpose of this ministry is to disciple and train a group of young men that display Godly character in their words, action, and lives.
The vision of the ministry is to have these 12 to 18 year old boys develop into “young men that will seek God with his whole heart purposing to live according to God’s word, and not straying from it. (Psa 119:9-11) ‘as they lead themselves and others, impacting the world for Christ (Acts 17:6).
The four pillars of the ministry are Discipleship, Leadership, Manhood and Life Skills.
- It is vital that young men be discipled in the truths of God’s word so as to strengthen and build their identity in Christ and not the world.
- Spiritually mature adult men will disciple, train, and teach the boys on a) the truths of scripture and b) relevant application to their lives of the scripture.
- The boys will come to learn and understand that they must develop their own faith, and not just follow the mandates, direction and examples of their parents. (Prov 22:6; Deu 6:7)
- The boys will learn key principles of leadership and apply them to leadership of self and others. They will learn how to identify and sets goals that will govern their personal lives as well as learn the skills needed to lead in the context of a group or organization. Over time, these young men will begin to lead and govern this ministry, with the oversight, as they develop and take ownership.
- These young men will have the opportunity to develop public speaking skills and to communicate effectively. Skills and learning will be implemented and practiced with in the context of short speeches or talks, leading discussions in Bible study and life topics, etc.
- With the Bible as the central guide, the boys will have age appropriate discussion about what it means to be a man. Lessons in this area will be closely linked to the Biblical discipleship.
4) Life Skills
- The boys will learn important life skills in areas such as personal finance, investing, automotive, critical thinking, etiquette, etc.
- The intent of this area is to have a highly functional young man in the areas of life that are often not addressed in his academic environments.
For more information about this important ministry, please contact Joseaf Stone.